Responsible supply chain approaches can influence short-term business strategy to fuel innovation, save costs, and manage risks in response to impacts we are already experiencing such as resource scarcity and extreme weather events
Sustainable supply chain management
How do you build resilient supply chains, improve quality, and reduce costs?
How can you effectively manage your reputation and operational risks?
How far should your business develop more sustainable products?
Strong and secure supply chains help build customer satisfaction and loyalty. Developing more sustainable products helps tap into growing demand from customers who want to know the provenance of their products. We help you to:
- Improve product traceability, supply chain transparency and collaboration
- Reduce waste and the use of energy and resources in products and packaging; Improve the efficiency of your logistics and transportation
- Train and engage your key suppliers, partners and local teams; Build-in effective sustainability metrics and targets
- Interpret and implement new legislative requirements on a global basis
- Understand how your company may be exposed to risks associated with deforestation, fisheries, and land-use change
- Pick the best suppliers and certification schemes for your products, materials and supply chains
Product footprints and supply chain impacts
A growing number of customers compare the environmental impacts of alternative services and products in advance of purchase. We help redesign and reduce the impacts from products, services, and supply chain processes.
We have particular expertise in measuring, communicating and addressing impacts from complex international supply chains. For example, comparing the transport fuel and energy used per unit in different regions or from different supply chains, and identifying which short and long-term improvement opportunities can be implemented.,
We are also experienced in modelling and examining alternative consumer offerings. Project examples include paper versus digital media; travel versus digital communications; timber versus concrete; plastics versus paper and glass; and renewable energy versus fossil fuels.
Product life-cycle and supply chain analysis often uncovers substantial opportunities to reduce impacts and drive down costs. Our expertise has helped companies deliver material savings to the business, improve operating margins, and increase product sales; and we have made a significant contribution to the development of international standards for measuring product GHG emissions.
Further services include:
- Global supply chain modelling and abatement, identification of hotspots and cost reduction opportunities
- Product carbon footprints, LCAs, waste, and water footprints
- Calculation of avoided emissions and business development scenarios
- Comparison and modelling of alternative materials and packaging
- Providing expert input to investment and procurement decisions
- GHG Protocol Product and Scope 3 reporting standards; BSI PAS 2050; Water Footprint Network and ISO 14046:2014. Carbon Trust qualified Product Footprint Experts.